How to track my Canada Post package?
Canada Post package tracking is easy with Ordertracker, all you have to do is to paste your tracking number in the above field to track a package or go to the track my package section. We provide you with the most powerful parcel tracking system for any post office. Ordertracker accepts any international tracking number, it is an universal tracking website to track a parcel on a global level such as "track my parcel" with accurate informations about your shipment.
Canada Post tracking from USA, Canada and UK
Canada Post courier ships to many countries around the world and you can track all packages that are sent through this courier on this site with just a few clicks. When a package is sent to you, the sender must provide you with a tracking number which will then be used on this site to know the status of your delivery and the location of your mail or package.
How long does it take to deliver Canada Post ?
Canada Post offers delivery service within Canada, North America and abroad in more than 192 countries.
The company offers different types of shipping whose delivery times differ, depending on the destination, the type of package (its weight, size) and the urgency of the shipment.
For deliveries within Canada, there are 4 shipping options:
- Priority: delivery time is estimated to the next working day for local, regional or national deliveries
- Xpresspost: the delivery time is estimated to the next working day for local and regional deliveries, and to one working day for national deliveries
- Expedited parcel: the delivery time is estimated at one working day for local deliveries, approximately 3 working days for regional deliveries and approximately 7 working days for national deliveries
- Standard parcels: the delivery time is estimated at about 2 working days for local deliveries, about 5 working days for regional deliveries and about 9 working days for national deliveries
For deliveries within the United States, there are 5 shipping options:
- Priority Worldwide: delivery time is estimated the next working day at 10:30 am
- Xpresspost EU: the delivery time is estimated between 2 and 3 working days approximately
- EU expedited parcel: delivery time is estimated to be between 4 and 7 working days approximately
- EU detectable package. (parcel of less than 1kg): the delivery time is estimated between 4 and 7 working days approximately
- Small package by EU plane. (economical service for parcels of less than 2kg): the delivery time is estimated between 5 and 8 working days approximately
For international deliveries, there are 5 shipping options:
- Global Priority: delivery time by air is estimated to be between approximately 2 and 3 working days
- Xpresspost International: the delivery time by air is estimated between 4 and 7 working days approximately
- Parcels of the international regime: the delivery time by air is estimated at about 12 working days / the delivery time by sea or land is estimated between 4 and 12 weeks approximately
- International Detectable Package: delivery time by air is estimated to be between approximately 6 and 10 working days
- Small Package International: the delivery time by air is estimated between 6 and 10 working days approximately / the delivery time by sea or land is estimated between 4 and 12 weeks approximately
Deliveries provided by Canada Post take place from Monday to Saturday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. to individuals and from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. to companies.
Note that delivery times are given as an indication and may be extended due to several factors, variable weather conditions, festive periods or public holidays, customs delay or delivery difficulties related to errors on the destination address.
How do I contact Canada Post ?
Canada Post is headquartered in Ottawa at:
- 2701 Riverside Drive, Ottawa, ON K1A 0B1
Customer service can be reached from Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. at:
- 1-866-607-6301 or 416-979-3033 (for calls outside canada)
Information about Canada Post deliveries
Canada Post is an independent company in charge of the postal service in Canada. Originally known as Royal Mail Canada, the company changed its name in 1960, and succeeded the Post Office, which was abolished in October 1981 by the Canada Post Corporation Act. The goal is to be able to offer Canadians a more secure and financially independent postal service.
Canada Post offers regular mail and parcel delivery services across Canada, to the United States and internationally.
In 2016, Canada Post handled more than 8.4 billion parcels and couriers to more than 16 million addresses. The proposed delivery is a door-to-door service, provided by more than 25,000 employees and a fleet of more than 13,000 vehicles. Canada Post has more than 6200 offices on the national territory including franchises managed by subcontractors, including traders.
Since 1982, Canada Post has been providing a response service to letters sent to Santa Claus during the holiday season. In 26 years, more than 15 million personalized responses have been provided by volunteers in 25 languages including Braille.
The tracking number of a Canada Post delivery
Parcel tracking number formats Canada Post can consist of 16 digits or 13 characters (numbers and capital letters). For example: 123 456 678 123 123 4 or AA 243 455 467 AA
The different tracking states Canada Post
- ITEM ACCEPTED
- ITEM PRESENTED TO CUSTOMS
- ITEM HAS ARRIVED IN CANADA AND WAS SENT FOR FURTHER PROCESSING
- ITEM HAS ARRIVED AT THE DELIVERY OFFICE IN THE DESTINATION COUNTRY
- ITEM HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO CANADA BORDER SERVICES AGENCY FOR CUSTOMS REVIEW
- ITEM ON HOLD
- ITEM PICKED UP BY Canada Post
- ITEM OUT FOR DELIVERY
- ITEM ARRIVED AT THE UNDELIVERABLE MAIL OFFICE PLEASE CONTACT CUST SERVICE
- ITEM SUCCESSFULLY DELIVERED
- ITEM ACCEPTED AT THE POST OFFICE
- ITEM BEING RETURNED TO SENDER INCOMPLETE ADDRESS
- ITEM AVAILABLE FOR PICKUP AT POST OFFICE
- ITEM RESCHEDULED FOR DELIVERY NEXT BUSINESS DAY
- ITEM DEPARTED
- ITEM PROCESSED
- ITEM IN TRANSIT TO POST OFFICE
- ITEM REDIRECTED TO RECIPIENT'S NEW ADDRESS
- IN TRANSIT
- ITEM HAS ARRIVED IN FOREIGN COUNTRY
- ITEM WAS RELEASED BY CUSTOMS AND IS NOW WITH Canada Post FOR PROCESSING
- ITEM HAS BEEN SENT TO CUSTOMS IN THE DESTINATION COUNTRY
- ITEM RE-ROUTED DUE TO PROCESSING ERROR; POSSIBLE DELAY
- DELIVERED TO COMMUNITY MAILBOX OR PARCEL LOCKER
- ELECTRONIC INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY SHIPPER
- EXTREME WEATHER CONDITIONS AT THIS LOCATION; ITEM DELAYED
- SHIPMENT PICKED UP BY Canada Post
- SIGNATURE IMAGE RECORDED FOR ONLINE VIEWING
- CUSTOMS HAS RELEASED ITEM TO POST OFFICE
- BUSINESS CLOSED FOR THE DAY ITEM ON HOLD FOR SECOND DELIVERY ATTEMPT
- ATTEMPTED DELIVERY NOTICE CARD LEFT INDICATING WHERE ITEM CAN BE PICKED UP
- VERIFYING RECIPIENT'S ADDRESS; POSSIBLE DELAY
- NOTICE CARD LEFT INDICATING WHERE AND WHEN TO PICK UP ITEM
- INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT HAS ARRIVED IN A FOREIGN COUNTRY
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM PROCESSED IN ORIGINATING COUNTRY
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM MAILED IN ORIGINATING COUNTRY
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM HAS LEFT ORIGINATING COUNTRY AND IS EN ROUTE TO CANADA
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM IS IN TRANSIT TO THE DELIVERY OFFICE
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM RELEASED FROM CUSTOMS FOR PROCESSING BY Canada Post
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM BEING FORWARDED TO DESTINATION COUNTRY
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM HAS BEEN FORWARDED ONWARDS TO DESTINATION
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM BEING PREPARED FOR EXPORT
- INTERNATIONAL ITEM HAS ARRIVED AT TRANSIT DESTINATION